Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Radiation Simulation

Travis was fitted for his radiation therapy mask today, Tuesday January 29th. This mask will be used to keep his head completely still and in the same position during each therapy session. His treatment will begin on Monday, February 11th and will be M-F for 6 weeks. Right now he is scheduled for 7:00 treatments each morning, but we are hoping that after the first appointment we can change the time to meet our needs.

Please begin praying for the radiation oncologist, Dr. Mahajan, the success of radiation treatments and the radiation technician that will be completing each treatment. Please also pray that a time will become open allowing easier travel to and from the medical center with Jacob.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

6 comments:

Gerry and Sandee Mariacher said...

Travis, we are continuing to keep you and your family in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers for the successful outcome of the radiaton treatments that you soon will have. We are very grateful for the wonderful doctors that you are surrounded by and they will also be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jim and Gin Holcombe said...

Travis, We haven't met you personally but Adam and Stacy Holcombe have put your name before us to pray for you and we definitely have. We know from your blog that you know our God is sovereign and that He loves you with an everlasting love. He has not been surprised by any events in your life. Continue to trust Him in those frightful moments, confused moments, and worried moments. He will be near you and love you like no other friend can.

Jim and Gin Holcombe

Baptist Girl said...

As I read this Travis, I thought of you and your dear family and the testimony of this trial you are going through. My prayers are with you and with Dr, Mahajan.

"There is nothing -- No circumstance, No trouble, No testing that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ. Right through to me if it has come that far. It has come with great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment - but as I refuse to panic, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as come from His throne for some great blessing of purpose of blessing to my heart. No sorrow will disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the Joy of what my Lord is - that is the rest of Victory." Unknown - on I Cor 15:57

Cristina

Jen Crane said...

so good to see you guys this morning - praying for you and the treatments tomorrow... big hugs!

Phillip Sims said...

Jennifer and Travis, We are in prayer for ya'll during this difficult trail ya'll are going thru. Just know that God has a great blessing for those who love Him as both of you do.

Bill, Joyce and Phillip Sims

Fonda said...

Thinking of you guys today. You remain in our prayers.