Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Phone Call

Well it happened!! Travis called me on the lobby telephone at 2:00 this afternoon while in brain surgery! Praise the Lord! He sounded like he had just woken up from a nap, but was in a good state of mind. He said he had a little bit of a headache, but that is to be expected (per doctors). I told him I loved him and said he loved me too. I also told him how proud we all were of him, especially me. I encouraged him with Psalm 91 and told him of all of your prayers. I asked him if he would like to share anything else with me. Travis, being his punky self, said that he wanted anyone playing his Playstation Portable game at the hospital to not mess up his "career stats" and only play the "quick play"! He is definitely in good spirits.

Praising HIM!

Jennifer

8 comments:

The browns said...

Jen, thank you so much for keeping us updated i can't tell you how many people have grabbed me or called today to see how Travis is doing! How amazing to get a call like that! We are praying, and will continue to pray, we love you guys-love, Traci

Shannon & Thomas Green said...

Jennifer,
Wow!!! That is awesome news. We will continue to lift Travis and the doctors up in our prayers.

Mike Ratliff said...

To God be the glory!

Fonda said...

Amazing!

tisdale family said...

We are so happy to hear the great news. We will continue to pray. When I saw the part about the Playstation, that just confirms to me even more that Travis is going to be just fine. Praising God and giving Him the glory.

Baptist Girl said...

Praise the Lord all went well. I will be praying for a speedy recovery Travis.

Cristina

(friend of your Uncle Mikes)

Vince and Heather Roy said...

What wonderful news!! We are still praying.

Kristi Cole said...

Hi Jennifer, this is Kristi Cole, Karen Jones's sister. Girl, you are AWESOME! Remember that Jesus has you, your husband and your baby boy in His hands! Keep your eyes on Him and know that you are being prayed for all the way from Louisiana! Kristi.